martes, 4 de noviembre de 2014

First Class - Last Period

First of all, I must say that it is very exciting when you have a new group because you have to adapt to the group to see what their needs are. But I must also say that this time it is different because it is the last group of my teaching practice; it has been great to teach through all the previous levels, and it will also be a pleasure to teach this last group.
With all the previous been said, I have to continue saying that I taugh my first class with the group in a very nice way; they were practicing a lot about the usage of Gerunds and Infinitives, so I just brought practice for them to understand better. The class started with a game they all liked, that game was bingo. I gave students a page with two different boards that had different infinites and gerunds in order to play bingo. Then, I continued checking some exercises the group had previously done. After that, they were asked to read in groups of tree a paragraph they had in their books, and then discuss what the reading was a bout. After that, each student read one part of the reading out loud for all the class so that they practice reading, and then they complited some exercises according to the reading.

This was basically the first class, and I'm looking forward to teach the second one.

1 comentario:

  1. Hi Dani, You are right when you say that we have to adapt to our new students in order to see their needs because not all the group of learners are the same . I mean that the level is different and the behaviour, too, so you developed a game at the beginning of the class, which I consider was something funny to them. Let me tell you that when students work in groups, they tend to participate more, and I tell you this because I frequently prepare activities in groups and even more when there are many students in a classroom. I think that your first teaching class was interesting since you developed certain activities that were helpful to students.

    ResponderBorrar