miércoles, 20 de agosto de 2014

First Class

It is a great pleasure for me to be sharing with all of you my new experiences in this teaching area. This time I was assigned to teach to Intermediate level. Ad it is common, I was a little bit nervous about the kind of students I was going to have and their behavior in the classroom, but some of them were in Basic in the previous semester, so I knew some of them. I started the class asking about their favorite kind of movies asking if they would rather watch horror movies or romantic movies. Then I played a song related with the previous topic that was "would rather be", students listened the song three times, the first one just to get familiar with the vocabulary, the second one to write some lyrics of the song that were missing and the last one just to check, I arote some new words on the board after the song so that they get new vocabulary. After that, I presented the topic describing two different movies using in the whole description the words "for" and "since" meaning time. What followed next was the grammar explanation about the previous words, their use, and some important things about them, I gave some examples with words and then after 10 minutes, I passes a little written exercise of then sentences in which they had to write "for" or "since". I'm glad to say that most of the students answered correctly. After all that and almost at the end, I told the students to get in pairs and talk about some movies, cartoons or series they watch since they were children, and some others thay they can watch for long periods of time without getting bored. After the class finished and when feedback was given to me, I realized that I made some mistakes that I had made in the previous classes, but the one it was more remarkable was that I took too much time for one activity and that made me not completed the whole plan I prepared; this made me feel a little bad because it is supposed that I don't have to make the same mistakes. I will try to make my best in the following classes to improve, but at the end the class was good and students understood the topic and learned how to use "for" and "since" meaning time.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario